acid or alkaline?
Disease loves an acidic body to live in – but not an alkaline one
The significance of this is important for everyone’s health, but to someone with cancer it may make the difference between life and death. Cancerous tissues are found to be acidic whereas healthy tissues are alkaline – this is a fact.
The typical western diet is hugely acidifying. The most popular soft drink (fizzy diet cola) actually dehydrates the body; dehydration creates acidity, and acidity creates disease.
Although we see many overweight people every day, we may not realise that many of them are actually suffering from malnutrition. White sugar, bread, biscuits, crisps and confectionery supply empty calories. “Bad fats” in cheap meat products and ready meals are high in cholesterol, while many popular bakery products contain unhealthy “trans-fats” to give them longer shelf life. All this weakens the immune system and acidified the body allowing cancer cells to develop.
What is the significance of pH?
- Acidity and alkalinity in the body are measured by the pH (potential of Hydrogen) scale
- An acid body is unhealthy
- The pH scale goes from 0 to 14, with 7 being neutral.
- Below 7 is acid and above 7 is alkaline.
- Water has a pH of 7.0 and is considered neither acid or alkaline but neutral
- The blood, lymph and cerebral spinal fluid in the human body are designed to be slightly alkaline at a pH of 7.4.
- At a pH slightly above 7.4 cancer cells become dormant and at pH 8.5 cancer cells will die while healthy cells will live.
- The significance of this is more important to those with cancer than could possibly be imagined. Cancerous tissues are acidic, whereas healthy tissues are alkaline – this is a known fact.
cancer and ph
In Holland, a Dr. Moerman spent 40 years developing an alkalising nutritional program which was accepted by the Dutch government as a legitimate treatment for cancer. Results indicated that Dr. Moerman’s diet, which alkalised the body and boosted the immune system, could be more effective than standard cancer treatments.
Many of nature’s natural foods are filled with cancer fighting properties and can be an extremely useful tool in our battle against cancer. Also, changing our eating habits can be a significant contributing factor in managing cancer.
Our foods can make us acid or alkaline – we all have a choice! Unless you are doing a detox there is no need to go mad! Eating 80% alkalising foods will do you a power of good.
ALKALISING (EAT 80%)
ACIDIFYING (EAT 20%)
|Steamed or raw veg
Wild & brown rice
Sprouted grains and seeds
Most fruit and berries
Herb teas & green tea
Kombucha & Kefir
Free range eggs
Organic cottage cheese
Extra virgin olive oil
Cod liver oil or Flax seeds
|Refined grains & flours
White bread, pasta & cereals
Factory hens eggs
Meat & fish